Girls= Laundry

I love my girls. I really do. They're great kids--uber responsible, rule following, sweet, loving, caring....and extreme laundry makers!

They've been away at dance camp this week and I can't believe the massive reduction in the amount of washing and folding that I've had to do.

Boys are much easier. A t-shirt, a pair of shorts, socks and a fresh pair of gaunch and they're good to go for the day. There are no changes, no updates, no add-ons to their wardrobe. What they start out with they end with.

Girls are another matter. They like to layer--bra, tank top/cami, t-shirt, shrug/hoodie, jeans or else tights and a skirt. And that's just for school. After school they change into dance clothes--shorts, tank top, light weight hoodie---and then when they come home they don't change back into their school clothes (heaven's no!) they're either into a new pair of sweats or else they slip into their 4 piece jammies! My kids don't recycle their clothes much so that's upwards of 5 pieces of laundry per day, per daughter--that's 70 pieces of laundry a week! (check my math because I kinda suck at it...,)

Methinks that some girls are going to start doing their own laundry when they get home from camp!! Mwu ha ha haaaaa.....

Comments

bulpittzoo said…
I so am with you. My girls are terrible too. And they have SO many clothes...they multiply. They also take my folded clothes and leave the piles around the bedroom. I have even found folded clothes in the laundry pile. UGG!!! Joshua will wear clothes and rewear if they aren't dirty. Jacob got a new t shirt this week and wore it for DAYS. Thankfully we were at the lake on vacation so he only wore it a few hours a day. I just looked at him and he is wearing it again. See he just proved we are right.

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!