Zee and I had the most amazing morning yesterday. As the sun cracked the sky and shone it's beautiful light through my bedroom window, the sweetest little boy in the world awakened me with a tender kiss on my cheek (as he does almost every morning) and then crawled into bed for a snuggle. After a few minutes of cuddling, his morning breath began to choke me so I lovingly pushed him over to the other side of our king sized bed, and of course, I reached for my ipad (the equivalent of a morning coffee or cigarette for me) and got my fix of the news, the happenings on Facebook, and got caught up on a couple of emails. And...as I do about once a week...I visited the iTunes APP store.

Usually a bad move. (Money, Money, Money....)

But not this particular morning.

On this morning I found a Sing Along App for LDS Primary Songs. There was a 'lite' version so I thought, "what have I got to lose?", and so downloaded it.

I beckoned my stinky son to come hither and showed him the application and before long we began to sing along. Old favorites like: I love to see the Temple, I am a child of God, and a Child's Prayer, were being sung by a stinky breathed little boy and an even stinkier morning breathed old mommy.

What joy it was! We didn't sound good. In fact we sounded downright awful...even the crows stopped their squawking in an attempt to determine what on earth sounded worse then they did.

But that didn't stop us. We went right on singing along and we loved every minute of it.

After hearing a talk by President Henry B. Eyring about seeing the hand of the Lord in our daily lives, I began to look for times when I saw His grace, His love, His tender mercies, or just felt His presence, extended in mine.

And on this particular morning...I saw it. I felt it. I heard it.

It was in the voice of my precious 7 year old son...

____________________

If you're interested in it, click here to preview the app.

Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!