On my way...

Since I registered for it, I guess I can safely say that I'm going to do a triathlon!



It's a mini/sprint triathlon--750m swim, 20 km bike and a 5 km run--so it's quite a bit shorter than an Olympic triathlon but it's a start. It will be only my second triathlon in my life, and my first in over 20 years!  (Ugh, am I really old enough to be saying that I did something 'over 20 years' ago?)  I still feel 18 years old, but one look at my wrinkly face and my exercise/diet resistant mommy tummy snaps me back into reality. Sigh.

At the end of May a friend and I decided to do a triathlon and we thought maybe we'd do the one in June which gave us only 4 weeks to get ready, so I started training hard. Hard for me, that is. You full blown triathletes/marathon runners/ Ironman participants would fall down laughing at my training sessions as they'd be jut a warm up for you, but I am darn proud of them! In just 5 weeks I'm up to 8.2 km run; 1700 m swim (in just a little more than 35 minutes); and 16km bike! And honestly, I have to admit, I feel really good! It's such an amazing feeling of accomplishment to know that you have pushed your body to the point of exhaustion. To know that you earned every bit of sweat dripping down your face, and to know that the pain in your body is not from a flu but rather a self induced exercise mania.

Sweat is sexy!

I have to admit that there are days where I have trouble walking.  The knees ache and the butt muscles hurt in areas I didn't even know existed!  And that flippin' bike seat of mine!  OUCH!!

With all this pain, I'm gonna be real strong!

So, August 7, 2011 is the big day! Wish me luck...I'm really going to need it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!