Sick widdle boy...

My baby's sick.

It breaks my heart.

He's such a good patient. He just lays on the 'sickie mattress' ,which is the special mattress we bring up from the storage room and plop on the living room floor in front of the TV, and snuggles in his Winnie the Pooh blankie, sips some water now and again, and watches TV. He asks for a hug periodically and sometimes he just wants company. I gladly oblige him his little requests for they're said with the sweetest, most pathetic little voice you could ever imagine.

Whatever sickness he has (hope it's not H1N1) makes it very difficult for him to talk (sounds almost like laryngitis) but that doesn't stop him from thanking me and telling me he loves me after I've finished a little prayer on his behalf. So sweet! I could just cry.

Tonight he gets to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room on the sickie mattress, it's a little treat reserved especially for sick kids (keeps 'em outta my bed!), and makes the nighttime so much easier when those nasty viral visitors come a callin'.

Hope he'll be better tomorrow. I get so nervous when my kids get sick.

Sigh....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability