Week in Review....

It's been another crazy week! Here are some of the things we've done:

1. Walk to School:
October 7, 2009

We handed out water, apples and stickers, and danced outside to music! It was great!!...and chilly!!!

Prez's kids and mine, ready for their morning walk.

Here's Zee, covered in stickers, and moving to the funky beat. He was hilarious to watch; he had a huge smile the whole time and danced all over the school grounds.
Yummy! Each kid got an apple and a bottle of water. Well, at least in theory they did...a lot of kids bypassed the healthy snacks. We had one kid constantly commenting that he wished the coffee was decaffeinated so he could have some. Cute....but weird.
Kiki and Mo handed out the stickers and managed to get a couple on themselves! Not sure why they have their mouthes open in the pictures...it's a little late in the season for catching flies.

We even had a former Olympian come to support our efforts. He was in the 1968 Olympics.

How cute is this kid?

Cutie pies!!

2. Movie Night:
October 8, 2009
Monsters vs. Aliens
We had about 250 people turn out for this event! Yeah! Congratulations to Princess for holding her, very successful, first social event! Looking forward to much, much, much more! And just remember...there is NO QUITTING the Social Committee so just stop threatening!

Some awesome PAC moms! Always there with a smile and a helping hand!
Once Princess took over the popcorn machine, there was NO getting back in. She's a pro now!
This is the PAC's brand new popcorn machine! We're so excited!!

3.Today:
Went to the school in the morning to learn how to design/program/maintain the school website. Prez and I are wandering into unchartered territory here but I think we'll enjoy it. This whole PAC journey has presented us (I'm sure Prez doesn't mind me speaking on her behalf) with so many amazing and wonderful experiences and challenges! I'm so grateful that I was able to get involved. When we left homeschooling I was concerned that I would no longer have the degree of input into my childrens' lives when they were at school as I did when they were at home, but through my involvement in the PAC the kids have learned so much about volunteering, contributing to community, creating 'villages' to help raise children, and a strong work ethic. I am so happy for this form of educational enrichment.


4. Saturday:
Kiki's birthday party! Does it EVER end? This celebration is the second to last one. Next week we have a mother/daughter date at the mall and then I'm putting this 'birthday' month to rest!


5. Sunday:
Start week 12 of running! The schedule says this is an 'easy week'! Oh sure it is...we're starting off with a 50 minute run!! No breaks! The longest we've done to this point is 30 minutes run, 1 minute walk, 30 minute run. How the heck does increasing it by 20 minutes with no break qualify as 'easy?' Here's hoping we don't collapse!

And a parting word of advice to you all: Be alert...the world needs more lerts! (my eldest is currently giggling over this and I thought I'd share.)




Comments

Ahh, but I am loving the craziness!! Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability