The Best Ice Cream in the WORLD!!

Last week I took Zee and his friend to White Rock to run some errands with me and I promised them that if they were patient while I was trying on some suits for the triathlon and picking up my race package, that I would take them out for Andy's ice cream. Zee's friend was more than happy to oblige as he said that Andy's is the 'best ice cream in the world.'

"I thought Marble Slab Creamery was the best ice cream in the world," my kids retorted.

"Nope," said Friend. "ANDY'S is the best!"

"Mmmm...can't wait," I heard my kids say as they wiped drool off their faces.

Fast forward to two hours later....I've got my new one piece outfit for the triathlon (you can swim, bike, AND run in it); some energy candies; a race belt; and we've gone to Fieldstone Bakery in Crescent Beach to get raspberry/white chocolate scones, and two pieces of chocolate cake (needed these items for our anniversary)...and now it's time to go to ANDY's for the 'BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!' I'll admit, I'm a little giddy over the thought that it's better than Marble Slab...I mean because THAT's pretty amazing stuff. Mmmm...can't wait.

We finally find parking and miraculously it's right outside of ANDY's!! Could the gods be anymore accomodating? Could the planets be more in line? Could anything be more serendipitous? After all, we are about to partake of ....yeah, you know it..."THE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!"...and here we have managed to park so very close to the spot we need to go. Will miracles never cease?

We walk into the ice cream shop (did I mention that it's the BEST?) and it's really cool because the owners have given their customers a Sharpie and let them write on the walls.  Awesome idea for a place that has the best ice cream in the world. I look at the menu...34 different flavors...looking good so far...and then I notice the brand name of the ice cream...

...and realize that you can buy it at the local supermarket.

Do I tell him that his mom can get it at the store just down the street--I mean because that way he can have the BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD every single day!--or do I keep my mouth shut about it and keep it as the special treat he loves to have with his family?

I kept my mouth shut...

I think his mommy will be happy with me for that.


Apparently you can't go to White Rock without having Andy's ice cream, and you certainly can't go without trying to climb the white rock which the boys were happy to attempt. Didn't make it to the top, mind you, which is totally okay because getting UP is not the hardest part, getting DOWN is!

"This rock didn't look quite this big when we were further away!'

 
"Ugh, if I could just get my footing..."
"Move aside, buddy, I'll show you how it's done."
"Didn't make it up but who cares?  We had fun trying!"
I found this amidst the washed up rocks on the shore. A couple had written their names and a heart and then thrown it in the ocean.  I wonder if this rock  has travelled far?

Oh, by the way, the best ice cream in the world? The one that you can find at the supermarket AND Andy's? It's made by Island Farms and it really IS awesome--try the Caramel Caribou or Moose Tracks!! By the way, their yogurt is awesome too!

  Island Farms
Andy's Ice Cream

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those Moore boys are pretty gullible.....sure cute though!!!

Love Auntie D

Popular posts from this blog

Three Loaves, No Fishes...and No Miracle.

Scents and Scents-ability

Life is a Musical...