The early bird gets the worm...

...and in my case, that early bird also gets the beds made, the bathrooms cleaned, the pantry organized, the storage closet cleaned out and organized, the laundry room face lifted, meals cooked and a whole bunch of other things.

Typically my Realtor, Mother, Chauffeur, Cook, Laundress and Housekeeper duties end at 9 pm. After that time I retire to a nice relaxing bathtub and I read.

For hours...

Brain candy. Esoteric. Religious. Edu-ma-cational. You name it, I read it.

This usually leads to late nights and consequently early mornings and I are not the best of friends. I LOVE to sleep in. In fact, if I could go to bed at 2:00am and sleep until 2:00pm, have a little bit of day time activity and then retire to my bed at 9pm to read, I would be the happiest creature in the world.

Or so I thought.

Over the summer, I`ve kind of been doing that...not sleeping in until 2pm mind you, but sleeping until about 9:30-10:00 on weekdays and occasionally until 11am on weekends...and I thought I would love it but the truth is is that the days seemed awfully SHORT and fairly unproductive.

This week Mo had to be up early (the kids have all been sleeping in too) as she had a cool babysitting gig and so I set my alarm the first day so that I could ensure that she was awake and ready to go. Being up at 6:30am was kind of weird. There are a lot of hours between 6:30am and 11:00am that I realized I had been wasting. Since I was already up, and the house seemed to be crying for some attention, I cleaned, and organized, and planned.

And, although I hate to admit it, it felt good!

So I did it again the next morning. And the next.

And in doing so I am several steps closer to one of the goals I set out on my vision board which was to have a more organized home.

Yay!!

Now all I have to do is keep it up...which shouldn`t be a problem because school is starting in 2 weeks. ACK!

...and that, my friend, is another lament to be addressed in another post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scents and Scents-ability

Life is a Musical...

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...