Hello Triathlon, you didn't kill me...

... but you came close!

OUCH!

As I began the race I cursed myself for ever thinking I could do this.

After I completed the swim and pushed my bike helmet onto my dripping wet hair and grabbed my bike for an hour of pain, I questioned my sanity.

After the ridiculousness of using a mountain bike in a road race and feeling like a kiddie on a tricycle as all the athletes zoomed past me, I questioned my dignity.

When I dismounted the bike and felt my legs give out from underneath me, I questioned my strength.

When I limped, stumbled and fell my way up the hill to begin the run, I questioned my tenacity.

When I felt my 'running' muscles take over and leave my 'cycling' muscles behind, I wondered if maybe, just maybe, I could do this.

When I saw the last marker indicating 4km had been completed, and took the turn on the path to tackle the last hill, I begged myself to keep going.

When I saw the finish line, I rejoiced!!

I did it!!
"Phew"

Will I do it again?

You betcha!!!

(Next time I'm aiming for an Olympic length tri!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Loaves, No Fishes...and No Miracle.

Scents and Scents-ability

Life is a Musical...