Family Home Evening--Vision Boards

"A goal  unwritten is only a wish."

I am in love with the idea of goal setting, prioritizing and organizing but I have one small problem and that is that I am exceptionally disorganized, a procrastinator, and have the memory of a knat so all the great ideas and goals that come to me while I'm in the shower are forgotten the minute I step out and grab the towel to dry off. I've heard that you should keep a notepad by the bed so that you can write down your dreams and inspirations as they come to you. This is a great idea but you have to remember to put the notepad by the bed....and make sure one of the kids doesn't steal your pen. I'm so pathetic that I actually have GOALS to set GOALS! It's true.

Last week, while procrastinating, I stumbled upon a video about creating a vision board. Luckily enough (it must have been a Higher Power at work) I remembered to discuss the concept with the family and today we set out to make our own vision boards. We plopped our pasty white, sun starved, bodies down in the sunny backyard with a life chart in hand,some paper and pens, a hard surface to write on and set goals for the following categories.


We also discussed the concept of SMART goal setting which means that goals should be:


When the goal setting was finished we went to the computer and printed out images that either identified our goal or else were symbolic of it and then mounted them on cardstock and laminated them.   We placed our vision boards in our rooms so that we could see them on a daily basis!  So cool!




Zee wants to hit a home run and save enough money for an ipod touch.

Mo wants to keep her grades up and do her Personal Progress.

Kiki wants to start her Personal Progress and get all the way down in her centre splits.

Your vision board can take any form you like...you can print the images and mount them on cardstock, you can draw and paint them and mount them on a bulletin board, you can make a collage of digital images and save it as wallpaper on your computer screen, and you can even blog about them!  Just do it!

Guess what one of my goals were?  To only check Facebook twice a day--at noon and nine--for a total of 30 minutes!  Ack! What am I going to do with all my extra time?  Perhaps the other goals like having a clean house, getting organized, and reading my scriptures will get accomplished.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a Musical...

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Scents and Scents-ability