Like Sand in the Hourglass....

...these are the Days of our Lives!

'Days', along with Another World and General Hospital, were my fave soaps when I was in university. I can't count the number of times I blew off classes so that I could watch Frisco and Felicia, or Bo and Hope, endure the thrill/pain of finding long lost, presumed dead, twin siblings that they had really given birth too while in an amnesic state brought on by the horror of seeing their crazed uncle rape their sister (who was really their mother) while in a murderous rage. Yep, that kind of realistic TV really kept me focused.

These days as I endure my own personal soap opera, I find myself wishing I'd focused a little less on Frisco (aw, but damn he was so schmexy!) and a little more on my textbooks.

I need to be a doctor!

Hubby has been put on a medication to keep his heart in rhythm. I don't like the idea. It's the beginning of a slow moving train that has no stops. I wish I could sit down with the cardiologist and totally pick her brain. Ask her all kinds of questions. No holds barred. Take all the time I need to get solid,concrete, answers.

But I don't have that.

All I have is years of missed biology classes...and General Hospital. Do you think Rick Springfield ('paging, Dr. Drake') is finished looking for someone like Jessie's girl and has started practicing medicine again? Do you think if I sit in front of the magic mirror and watch GH that Rick will tell me what to do? Do you think he's still got that 'human touch'? 'Cause, really, we all need it...that human touch.

Comments

Marc said…
Sorry Lisa. I am going to let you in on a little secret - cardiologists are NOT good at explaining anything. So IF one would sit down with you (ha ha - sorry, do I sound bitter??), you would never be able to pick anything from their brains. It is all locked up in there tight, tight, tight. There is a really good website I use at work to figure out the medications of my clients. I will look it up and send you the link.
Carmen said…
Sorry - that was me posting above. I seriously have to pay attention to who is logged in. This is annoying me...

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability