Three Times!

Hubby and I did it three times this week!

The first time we went hard and made it to 36 minutes.

The second time was quicker, only 27 minutes, but it felt great.

The third time we did it for 33 minutes and I thought I was going to die!

We’re going to do it again tonight--and this time we’re going for 44 minutes!!

I hope I survive running in this muggy, hot weather. (Yes, running ! What were YOU thinking?!!)

Running is the first step towards our triathlon training. We’re following the 13 week walk/run program found in the The Beginning Runner’s Handbook. I followed this training program in 2002 and was pleasantly surprised when I completed the program, injury free, and was able to run 10Km in under an hour. Although I do not have the runner’s build (I wish!!) and struggle with each step, I love the idea of running. I love getting outside, feeling the wind in my hair, the rain (or is that sweat?) on my face and being in control of my muscles and pushing my endurance higher and higher.

There's also that natural reward you get at the end called the 'runner's high'. I have yet to experience that little pleasantry but I know that when I do I'll be addicted.

Speaking of addictions, I’ve de-activated my Facebook account, and yesterday was my first full day without that monkey on my back. I didn’t miss it! My day was much less hurried because I hadn’t spent inordinate amounts of time ‘snooping.’ You know how it goes, you say you’re only going to be on for 10 minutes and then 60 minutes later you realize that it’s dinnertime and you’ve got nothing prepared, or you’ve got only 10 minutes to make the 20 minute drive to the doctor’s office, or you promised to read to your kids but now it’s way past their bedtime. It was out of control for me and I’m so glad that I found the strength to de-activate the account. Yes I’ll miss being ‘in the loop’ with my FB friends, but for now, I’m happy to have re-discovered that ‘loop’ with my family.

I hope triathlon training will eventually replace my FB addiction. I can just imagine it if it does: I’ll be super fit, super healthy, maybe even skinny, and instead of my kids hanging around the computer asking me to play, they’ll have to don their running shoes and chase me! It’ll be pure insanity!!


Comments

Marc said…
Good for you for getting rid of FB. I still have not changed my opinion of it...
Carmen said…
Sorry, that was my post. I really REALLY need to pay attention if Marc has logged in....
Debbie Jo said…
You are awesome Lisa! You talking about running really makes me want to do it now! But unfortunately I have like 85 days left of P90X! Good luck me!
Diana said…
Way to go on the FB thing.. I know how time sucking it can be as I am somewhat addicted also.. But lately I have the need for family time So I am doing just that..
Good luck lisa on the running I am sure the two of you can do it..

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!

Scents and Scents-ability