Beware the delicate male ego...

This morning I did a 2.5km swim--that's about 1.5 miles. It felt great!

I finally got to try this out!  It's a waterproof mp3 player and the reason why it looks so strange is that you don't put it into your ears to hear it, you actually set it on your goggles and then position the speakers against your cheekbones.  You hear the music through bone conduction.  It's really quite amazing!




So today I had a rockin' swim session.  I loved having music to listen to rather than my labored breathing.  Normally I do about 2000m when I go for a swim but because a song came on that I really liked (I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas) as I was finishing up, I decided to do another lap or two until the song ended.  Well, once I did another 100m I decided that I may as well do another 400m and call it 500 which would make it 2500m in total.  I know, it's a strange reasoning process, but it's all MINE!

Anyway, the swim was great because of the music but not because of the precious male egos I had to step on swim over.  These guys were so obnoxious!  They actually hogged the lane so that I couldn't swim around them.  I had to deek over into the other lane so that I could pass them.   I spent most of the swim crammed up against the lane ropes to avoid being smacked in the face while I took a breath.  My hand actually has bruises on it from knocking against the hard plastic floaties on the lane ropes.

Is a male ego really that delicate?  Really?  A guy can't accept the fact that a slightly overweight, thunder thighed, middle-aged, ex-couch-potato, woman can swim faster than a buff, 20-something, male?  It happens, get over it!

I don't know what I'll do the next time it happens, maybe I'll do what an ex-Olympic, obssessed and crazy, swimmer did to me one time...instead of going around them I'll literally swim right over top of them.  Seriously!  I had that happen to me one time.  Couldn't believe it!!  Apparently this woman had been an Olympian YEARS ago and never quite made it to #1 so she had a personal vendetta against anyone swimming in 'her' lane and she was so horrible that she was actually barred from every swimming pool in the city and neighboring cities.  Ours was the only pool she was still permitted to swim at.  She had been told that she had to toe the line or else she'd be booted out of ours too.  I don't see her anymore.

I guess she swam over one too many patrons.

Good thing it rains a lot here as she's probably had to start swimming in puddles.

I've got a couple of male egos that can join her!

Silly men!

Next time I'm actually going to TRY to kick their butts!!!

Comments

Cynthia said…
You just keep bruising those egos- they could use it! I popped over from the MMB but your blog has me intrigued. I've lost my mojo but I still have more weight to lose. You could be just the inspiration I need!

Congrats on all the hard work paying off. And I know how you feel about that song- I run faster on the tredmill when that one comes on my IPod.

Popular posts from this blog

Just call me Suzie Homemaker...

Scents and Scents-ability

Penalty: Excessive and flagrant use of eye candy. Wooo hooo!!!